It is important to be yourself, but, more important to be yourself proudly.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Why Must They Grow So Quickly?

Emboo is officially twelve. <insert insanity here>
     Ok...not insanity, more like "insane older sister sentimentality", but "sentimentality" is such a long  word.

     Her birthday was Saturday.  Her party Started on Friday and Ended on Saturday and The Homestead became Occupied Territory.  The Rebel Leader(AKA Emboo) and her Accomplices(AKA her friends)took over Base(AKA The Homestead) where it became Occupied Territory(AKA Party Central(sort of)).  


     There was giggles and laughter and running around in general.  There was also ice cream.


Please remind me whose idea it was to give these girls sugar?

     They played Sardines* and people kept getting lost.
    Also I got flan!  Yum!

     Jurassic Park 3 was on the television, so that was fun, but we had to change it because it was deemed "frightening".  
      I was the girl who was the Resident Make-Up Artist.  Ammamay and  one of Emboo's friends did hairdos. 
(I actually had a good hair day the next day!  I know, I'm shocked, too!)
*Sardines is a type of tag where one person hides and the group has to go find them, instead of the group hiding and one person finding everyone.


     A side note about Hair-
Specifically-  My Hair.
My Hair hates me.
It is an abhorent frizzy mess.
Usually.
Do any of you know anything about children's detangler?
IT FLIPPING WORKS.
     Humidity makes my problem worse and today it rained.  My hair is shockingly not shocking people.  This is due to my detangler.
/end side note.

     What am I going to do‽ I mean, in only one year there will be three(I repeat three) teenagers running around here, me being the oldest of them.  Not to mention how by the end of this year TRex will be in double digits.
Can't we just slow down?  


Man, I feel old.

No comments:

Post a Comment